Bloody Mary Monster Makeup Wars
One of the Midwest Haunters Convention’s signature events is Monster Makeup Wars. This year in Chicago five teams of three (two makeup artists and a model) have 30 minutes to create a monster from the neck up. The catch? They must do it only with the items we supply them at the start of the competition!
Make plans now to join us for this fun competition held on the trade show floor Saturday, June 8th, 2019 at 4:00 pm. Sponsored by Bloody Mary Makeup.
Midwest Haunters Convention is accepting applications for teams to compete in the Monster Makeup Wars competition. We’ll have five teams competing and it’s first-come, first-served – the first 5 qualifying teams to apply will get the 5 available spots. Apply using the form below.
There is a $25 entry fee – consider sponsorships to cover entrance fees! Maybe one of our exhibitors? Your submission is not complete until you’ve paid the $25 entry fee using THIS CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM, which can be printed out & mailed (the address is on the form), emailed as an attachment to [email protected] or faxed to (847) 453-9472.
Your submission is not complete until you’ve paid the $25 entry fee using THIS CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM, which can be printed out & mailed (the address is on the form), emailed as an attachment to [email protected] or faxed to (847) 453-9472.
CONTEST RULES & INFORMATION
This contest will offer contestants the chance to compete for coveted title of creating the Scariest Monster! Five teams will compete (1 model and 2 makeup artists) with identical makeup supplies to create a monster!
The contest will be held on Saturday, June 8th, 2019 starting at 4:00 p.m. on the Midwest Haunters Convention trade show floor.
- All three team members must be registered MHC attendees to compete in the Monster Makeup Wars.
- All three team members must be available to participate in the contest on June 8th, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
- All three team members must sign a Model and Liability Release Form.
- The $25 entry fee (which may be paid for by a sponsor) must be paid in full by May 24th.
- Each of the 5 teams will have 30 minutes to create a monster from the neck up, using only the items supplied by the Midwest Haunters Convention. They will include basic makeup supplies, along with various special effects and some “out of the ordinary” items.
Corporate sponsors, media representatives and guest speakers will serve as judges for the contest.
Judging will begin for the makeup wars at approximately 4:00 pm.
INCENTIVE / CONTEST PRIZES
Teams competing will keep makeup supplies and receive an assortment of prizes from sponsors and vendors.
The First Place Makeup Wars Team will receive:
- $100 cash prize!
The Second Place Team will receive:
- $50 cash prize!
Models from all five teams will each receive a Bloody Mary prize. Teams can keep all remaining makeup from their kits (valued over $100).
- Wisconsin Fear Grounds
- Frightmare Farms Haunted Scream Park
- RIP : Sideshow
- Dr dekays droogs
- Slaughter Mill
- Dr.Dekay’s Droogs
- Deceased Farm Haunted Attraction
- Frightmare Farms New York
- SAT Spooks
- Warlords of the Dark Knight
- Exit 13 Haunted House